Your home’s curb appeal matters, and one of the best ways to achieve this great curb appeal is with great exterior painting. It can boost the appearance of your home and make it more appealing to guests and future buyers, as well as increase the value of your home. It’s truly a wise investment that can pay off in dividends and compliments. All you’ll have to do is hire a professional like Bay Construction & Restoration and watch the money roll in!
How to Get the Most Out of Your Exterior Paint Job
The first step in achieving a superior paint job is choosing the right contractor for the job, such as the professional team at Bay Construction. Qualified professionals will advise you on the best exterior paint for your needs, the areas of your home to focus on and what colours are the most suitable for the architecture. However, there are a few things you should know about making your project as successful as possible.
- Think about choosing neutral paint colours, such as cream or white, which will appeal to more buyers (if you’re selling your home).
- Have your siding painted its existing colour or a lighter shade to prevent warping.
- If you decide against painting the entire exterior, consider painting the door or trim a bold colour, such as red or blue.
- Use eye-catching or bright contrasting colours on the trim, window frames, railings and other exterior accents and structures.
What Are the Benefits of Painting Your Home?
The exterior of your home is what invites your guests and buyers in, which makes its outside appearance exponentially important. Besides the fact that it’s an affordable way to increase the value of your home, exterior painting has many other benefits, including:
- Certain colours can be used to make your home appear a certain way. For example, lighter shades can be used to make your home appear larger while darker shades can be used to make it appear smaller.
- It’s more economical than installing new vinyl siding
- A freshly painted home is just more eye-catching and appealing to buyers. It gives the appearance that the home is either well-maintained or recently renovated. Besides, fading or chipping paint will most likely turn buyers away.
If you’re ready to add exceptional value to your home by revitalizing its exterior with a fresh coat of paint, give us a call for a custom quote.